Becoming a social business is a journey, not a destination. Integrating social media, new technologies and methodologies is as much about mindset as it is about the tools and technology.
The goal is not to “do social media” but instead to be socially relevant. From a business perspective a goal is to build and implement a social business program that is sustainable and can help nurture relationships for both the short and long term.
Obtaining buy-in from needed stakeholders is critical for success. You must be able to clearly articulate where you are going and why so that you can inspire key team members to join you on your journey.
You must know your audience and what they need from you and be able to serve them up valuable content, conversation and helpful resources daily.
Empower your employees to power your brand. Invest in them as human beings. Inspire them to live your brand promise and be a shining light of your brand for your customers and all who they come in contact with.
Marketers must quit focusing on quick fixes, cookie cutter solutions and ways to cheat the social system. Instead, effort should be put into planning, goal setting, alignment to business objectives, understanding audiences, building community, nurturing relationships and earning the advocacy of loyal brand supporters.
- 8 steps to develop a social business strategy and plan
- Securing necessary funding
- How to prepare for the social business journey
- Difference between social media and social business
- How to set goals and objectives where social media can have a positive impact
- Obtaining support from key stakeholders
- Earning trust of loyal brand evangelists
- The importance of governance and planning
- Why providing value to your audience is core foundation for success
- Mitigating and managing risk
- Creating a center of excellence
- Empowering internal teams to become loyal brand evangelists
- Tap into the power of the OPC (Other people’s content and community)
- Developing an influencer program
- Fit Social Business series
- Personal Branding White Paper
- Social Media Audience Analysis Worksheet
- 10 Tips to Stomp Random Acts of Marketing
- Content Marketing Editorial Calendar Template