Many brands avoid embracing social media and online marketing because of the fear associated with risk to the brand. They think that if they avoid social media all together that the risk can be avoided. This assumption couldn’t be further from the truth.
There is no opt-out button associated with social media. Chances are high that for the majority of brands, there is already a conversation happening in their honor, regardless if the brand chooses to join the conversation and contribute in a meaningful and relevant way.
Social media is going to reveal the organization from the inside out long before it will transform the organization.
Avoiding the social networks is not going to mitigate the risk. In reality it may actually do the exact opposite and increase the risk.
In this episode of Social Zoom Factor podcast I dig into these details and offer specific recommendations for how you can mitigate risk associated with adopting, integrating and embracing the use of social media to achieve business results, empower brand evangelists and nurture relationships.
- Why you must acknowledge you have risk.
- How to mitigate risk by planning ahead.
- Why you must accept that social media is here to stay.
- Why you need to conduct a social media audit.
- Keeping your social network logon and access to the social networks secure.
- Proactive crisis management and policy development.
- Empowering employees to power your brand.