Why is it so many marketers are looking for the easy button? Why do they think they can jump on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and throw hundreds of thousands of dollars at Facebook ads and be successful?
Failing to take time to plan is planning to fail when it comes to social media, business and marketing.
Many marketers and business leaders are unfortunately spending loads of time and money on the tactics of social media, influencer marketing, content marketing, and the list goes on with no real understanding of why they are doing it in the first place.
It's like going fishing in the back yard pond hoping to catch a shark with a Barbie fishing pole. You are looking in the wrong place, have the wrong tools and no real plan how to land the big one, let alone even catch some bait fish.
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I share a healthy dose of some tough love. It's time for all marketers, new and experienced to stop the stupid marketing. It's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. If you are lacking real social business results, there is likely a reason why. You need to get real with yourself and your business to set goals, get in the head of your audience and build a plan that will help you achieve your goals with helping your audience achieve theirs as a key objective.
- Why marketers must stop stupid marketing now!
- Why failing to plan is planning to fail
- Why planning to fail is like fishing in the back yard pond for a shark with a Barbie fishing pole
- Audience Analysis Worksheet
- 10 Tips to Stomp Random Acts of Marketing (white paper)
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- 5 Reasons Marketers fail using social media (episode
- 15 Reasons Random Acts of Marketing are Bad for Business & Life (episode 28)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (episode 14)
- How to Build a Social Business Strategy & Plan (white paper)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)