If you haven’t heard about the latest live video streaming apps on the market, Periscope and Meerkat, you must have been hiding under a rock. Periscope won the hearts of the social community and hit 1 million users in only 10 days!
Periscope and Meerkat are grabbing attention of everyone from celebrities to geeks, pastors, journalists, marketers, moms, dads, teens and everything in between.
Meerkat stole the spotlight and earned the hearts of thousands of digital marketing and technology enthusiasts at the South by Southwest event in Austin Texas in March, 2015.
Twitter followed up by quickly announcing the launch of their recently acquired mobile live streaming app, Periscope. Twitter then immediately shut down the API for Meerkat putting a damper in the quick growth Meerkat was experiencing.
Live streaming is not new. However, the ability to so easily live stream anything you desire directly from the palm of your hand via a mobile device is what these two new apps have to offer that is unique.
With these two apps you have the ability to potentially launch your own TV channel from your mobile device. Crazy opportunities are in front of us if you really think about the ways we can use this technology.
It’s not news how addicted TV and online video viewers are to reality TV. Now you can host your online daily reality show straight from you car, bedroom, front porch, or local coffee shop!
The biggest question marketing and business leaders have in regard to using these two new live streaming apps is how can they use them for business?
Take a listen to the 136th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 10 use cases for how you can use Periscope and Meerkat for your business starting immediately! Also included is a succinct overview of these two exciting platforms!
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- Overview of Periscope and Meerkat
- What is live video streaming
- 10 use cases for how you can use Periscope, Meerkat and any live video streaming application
- Key differences between Periscope and Meerkat
- How to crawl, walk run when tapping into the power of these new applications
- How to give your audience a real-time, front seat view even if they are not at your event live
- How to humanize your brand and maximize brand storytelling
- How to offer up close and personal interviews with your executives, clients and partners
- How to share events, product demos, product launches and more to build community via live streaming
- How to conduct market research using live video streaming
- How to give a behind the scenes and exclusive access to your live video streaming audience
- Where to focus your efforts for greatest results
- Live streaming behaviors to avoid
- 10 Tips to Stomp Random Acts of Marketing (RAMs) – White Paper
- Social Media Authenticity vs Transparency (episode 16)
- 22 Tips to Get Twitter Conversation Started Like a Boss (episode 128)
- 15 Tips to Zoom Your Brand (white paper)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet
- Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)