Unless you have been living under a rock, or on an island all by yourself, you have likely heard of “Mobilegeddon” or in kinder terms, the Google Mobile Friendly update.
On April 21, 2015 Google officially released quite a significant new mobile-friendly algorithm. The new algorithm is designed to give a boost to mobile-friendly web pages in Google’s mobile search results.
This is very good news for those of us who have invested in ensuring our sites are mobile friendly!
If you are one of the people who has been living under a rock and/or ignored Google’s announcement informing the world this was coming back in December 2014 then this is likely not good news for you.
Don’t freak out on me. In this 19 minute episode of of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I put this new update in a nutshell for you. I provide you with the most important information you need to know as well as what you can do to ensure your site is in good graces with Google and it’s new mobile search ranking criteria.
In this 19 minute podcast you will learn:
- Google Mobile-Friendly Update Overview (what you need to know and why)
- Answers to some of your most frequently asked questions regarding the new Google mobile update
- How to check if your site is mobile friendly according to Google
- What to do to ensure you are in good graces with Google’s new mobile search ranking algorithm
- Common mistakes to avoid
- Best practices for mobile sites
Helpful Google Resources:
- Check if your site is mobile-friendly according to Google’s new algorithm
- Google Developer tools for making your website compliant with mobile friendly guidelines
- Google Identified Top Mistakes for Mobile Websites
- Google Showcase of multi-screen success stories
- Genesis Studiopress WordPress Framework (mobile responsive framework and themes)
- Google Analytics
- Mobile Marketing: Stop Ignoring the Modern, Connected Social Savvy Customer (episode 40)
- 15 Steps to Build a Mobile Marketing Plan that Rocks Results (episode 41)
- Mobile Marketing: 5 Tools to Optimize Conversions (episode 42)
- 10 Google Analytics Metrics to Zoom Your Blog, Social Media and Content Marketing (episode 106)
- Do You Really Know Your Audience? (episode 4)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet)
- Why Your Blog Sucks and How To Fix it (episode 9)
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
* We may receive a commission from your purchase of these services. Note, we do not recommend these services to simply make money. We recommend them as we know they will help you zoom your business and your life!