Marketing and business leaders are experiencing tremendous pressure to get online, embrace and start leveraging the social networks, create content, launch corporate and executive blogs, design new Instagram profiles, fill Twitter feeds with amazing content, build Facebook communities, embrace live streaming and the list goes on.
Unfortunately there are still some digital marketers who buy into the the thought process of “if you build it they will come.”
Sorry folks, but “build it and they will come” has never been a recipe for success for smart, social and savvy digital and social marketers. It simply doesn't work that way.
Believing that if you build it they will come works about as well as chasing shiny objects as a foundation for your social business strategy.
Stop the excuses and get to work. Quit wasting time all day on Periscope or Blab listening to your competition and all the awesome things you think they are doing. Why aren't you the one doing amazing things? You are not going to leap frog your competition and knock your business and marketing goals out of the park in the next 12 months by copying what others are doing. You need to design, build and implement your own plan that will attract YOUR ideal customers and grow YOUR business.
The new year is coming and you need a plan. You need to know where you are going and why.
You are never too big or too small to plan. If you fail to plan you plan to fail.
Take a listen to the 178th episode of the Social Zoom Factor Podcast for 10 reasons you need an integrated digital and social media marketing strategy.
You can't just throw some digital websites, blogs and pretty images at the web and tweet them out. Facebook ads for your social spaghetti content is also not going to solve the problem.
You need to get your marketing, digital, social marketing and branding efforts aligned to business goals, integrated and rockin' real measurable results. You need key performance indicators to measure and optimize your success. There is no way around it. If you want to succeed in business today you need to plan your work and work your plan.
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- Why you can't skip the planning process
- Why if you want to succeed in business today you must have a plan for your digital and social marketing
- Importance of integrated marketing including digital, social media, SEO, SMO, branding, email marketing
- Why Random Acts of Marketing (RAMs) can kill your marketing results
- Avoiding Random Acts of Marketing (RAMs)
- Acknowledging you don't know your customer or standing in market place
- Identifying your unique value proposition and positioning in the market
- Setting goals for where you want to take your brand, market position in the next 30-18 months
- How proper planning helps you be more agile, more proactive vs reactive
- Building a human brand requires proper planning, research of your audience and how you can connect with them
- Tips to achieve buy-in for your program
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- How to Get Your Social Media Budget Approved (white paper)
- 10 Tips to Stomp Random Acts of Marketing (white paper)
- How to Build an Integrated Digital and Social Platform that Works Even When You're Not Working
- SWOT Analysis Worksheet
- Social Media Governance: 15 Tips to Mitigate Social Business Risk
- 15 Easy Ways to Ignite Employees as Brand Evangelists
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Personal and Business Brand (white paper)
- Welcome to the Inspiration Age (episode 170)
- Content Calendar Template
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> Get Fit Social and Digital Business Series