Social Media Political Candidate Campaign Managers Do Your Job!

Social Media Political Candidate Campaign Managers Do Your Job!

Social campaign managers for the political candidates need to acknowledge their purchasing of fake Twitter followers and Facebook likes is doing nothing for the American people!

Paid robots do not:

1. Watch, read or listen to media
2. Watch, read or listen to a debate
3. Think
4. Vote!

Do your job, obtain real support and help your candidate win the election via real people that have a social security number and are authorized to legally vote in the United States of America.

Efforts of robots are for movies, not political campaigns or the future of our country!

Quit fooling both the candidates and the general population that your efforts are worth your fee or time.

My 2 cents…. off the social soapbox now.

What are your thoughts?

2017-02-08T00:34:56+00:00

About the Author:

CEO / Founder Marketing Nutz, full service social media, digital marketing, experiential brand, conversion optimization agency. Ranked by Forbes as Top 10 Social Media Women and 10 Social Media Power Influencer. Keynote speaker, author, strategist, consultant, coach, & trainer. Helps businesses of all sizes integrate social media into the DNA of their business, connect with target audiences to nurture authentic customer relationships. 15+ years experience working with Fortune 500, Franchised corporations with 4000+ local franchises to entrepreneurs and startups.

20 Comments

1. abfabZ August 1, 2012 at 11:54 am

Thank you for this! I could not agree more and I will leave it at that 🙂

2. wagnerwrites August 1, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Pam, I believe this is totally true but can you point me to blogs or other resources that prove it? I’d like to find out more. I thought this was a good article but it was about a business page: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57482220-93/firm-ditches-facebook-for-twitter-claims-clicks-are-bots/
    (Interesting that it got little exposure among the fans of my FB page!)

• PamMktgNut August 1, 2012 at 11:37 pm

@wagnerwrites Hi there.  What part are you asking me to prove? That robots do not engage, vote, think or other?

3. PamMktgNut August 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm

@shaanhaider Thanks Shaan!! How is your week going?

4. PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

Thx Clive! @jedi_roach Which div of Philips Healthcare do you work for? My partner @Joshroinut use to do biz dev for some Philips products

• jedi_roach August 2, 2012 at 5:18 pm

@pammktgnut Hi ya! I work for Global Integrated Communications within Philips Healthcare… having fun each and every day! @JoshROINut G’day

5. PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

thank you both for the share! Yes fake vs real communities & followers is a topic near & dear to my heart! @ambercleveland @nealschaffer

• NealSchaffer August 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

@PamMktgNut @ambercleveland My pleasure Pam – and I hear ‘ya!

6. PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

thanks a mill for the RT!! @GopConv2012 #RNC2012 #Tampa #sm

• GopConv2012 August 2, 2012 at 7:37 pm

@PamMktgNut my pleasure Pam!!!!

7. Deanna Albrecht August 2, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Unfortunately, they aren’t the only ones. Companies have done it too.

8. Pam Moore @PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Absolutely agree Deanna Albrecht. However, it will eventually easy catch up to companies as they achieve no ROI, hurt their brand etc. The difference with the political candidates is they use it to influence action based on over hyped and exaggerated support that impacts our economy, jobs, health etc.

9. Pam Moore @PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 5:20 pm

10. PamMktgNut August 2, 2012 at 9:26 pm

@JonMikelBailey thanks Jon! Happy Friday (almost!) 🙂

11. Josh Moore August 4, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Good article

12. dcabfab August 4, 2012 at 9:58 pm

@PamMktgNut TY- Love the political tweets re the industry! Right up my alley:)

13. KatyLipscomb August 4, 2012 at 10:45 pm

@PamMktgNut Preach!

• PamMktgNut August 4, 2012 at 10:48 pm

@KatyLipscomb Yes, that is a subject I am VERY passionate about! 🙂

14. MZazeela August 6, 2012 at 7:48 am

Pam,

This is no different than what political organizers have always done. Now they have a new medium. Organizers often pay people to show up at rallies and fund raisers where the attendance is in question. There was an event in NYC some years ago where the organizers paid homeless people to show up. The crowd was huge.

Imagine how bad it would look of a candidate planned a rally and no one showed up? Compare that to the kind of media coverage they would get if their event were attended by thousands.

Sadly, politics and honest are often worlds apart. These days it seems to be more about appearance and fluff than actual substance.

Got room for two on your soapbox? I’ll gladly join you.

Cheers,Marc

15. VolusiaForObama August 24, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I wonder about the metrics they use to analyze. People who are new to twitter often follow many but have fewer followers. I saw screen caps of Romney’s twitter followers grow completely unrealistically in the wee hours of the night. I feel sure someone would have noticed this if it happened to Obama’s account.

I think it’s certainly worth investigating. Let’s tweet @ABC @IowaDebate and ask them to have the candidates answer the question and be ready to prove it. My guess is that @MittRomney would clutch his hanky, cling to secrecy and tell you people to take him at his word. Too bad he has lied so much as to make that laughable. Some people are keeping track. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/14/1074486/-EVERY-Romney-Lie-In-One-Place-UPDATED