IBM Tealeaf and eConsultancy teamed up to conduct the third annual “Reducing Customer Struggle” report. They surveyed more than 500 business professionals working for companies involved in ecommerce and e-business. Survey was conducted in March and April 2013.
Jay Henderson, Global Strategy Program Director, IBM Smarter Commerce participated as guest on our #GetRealChat Twitter chat 6/18/13 to share the top findings of the study.
Below are a few of the highlights from the study as well as #GetRealChat Storify report and links to the full transcript.
Key Highlights of the “Reducing Customer Struggle” Report:
- Increased investment and focus on mobile channels but optimization challenges remain.
- 72% Companies plan to ramp up mobile marketing.
- The proportion of responding companies who say mobile accounts for more than 20% of their traffic has more than doubled the past 12 months.
- The proportion of customers purchasing products directly using a mobile device has also increased. 48% of organizations surveyed reporting transactional mobile activity. This is up from 43% last year.
- 40% of companies agree delivering a positive customer experiences is harder on mobile than the web.
- Just under 30% of responding organizations describe their understanding of the mobile user experience as “excellent” or “good”.
- More than 55% companies surveyed indicated they have developed a mobile optimized site, with 44% having developed an iPhone app and 33% developed an Android app.
- North American organizations are more likely to have a dedicated mobile team than those based in Europe.
Learn more about the “Reducing Customer Struggle” Report Here:
Full #GetRealChat transcript and statistics.
Below is the Storify recap and transcript summary with highlights of the #GetRealChat discussion.
Special Daytime Edition of #GetRealChat hosted by @PamMktgNut, @1to1Media & @miladantoniowith special guest @jay_henderson of IBM from #SmarterCommerce in Monaco
[…] 72% Companies to Ramp Up Mobile Marketing #GetRealChat with #IBM Recap […]