Content marketing is definitely one of the hottest buzzwords in town. However, don't be fooled by the buzz. It's not just a trend nor is it something that is going away anytime soon.
Content marketing was not invented via social media and it's not going away even if Facebook or Google decide to close up shop and call it a day.
The days of creating corporate collateral that talks in gibberish nobody wants to read are done. Also gone are the days of throwing the content spaghetti at the wall and hoping it sticks and some desperate customer will come along with their bowl, scoop it up and find it tasty.
Marketing and business leaders who want to see real results utilizing content marketing must develop more than a few rockin' blog posts or a page filled with pretty visuals that have nothing to do with their brand but instead make them look like the look cat counselor and inspirational quote addict.
If you want results with your content marketing effort you must create a content management system inclusive of goals, objectives, editorial calendars, alignment to needs of audience and the list goes on.
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I explain how to get started building a content marketing system, set goals, understand the needs of your audience and much more.
This is the first episode of a series that will dig in deep to the power of content marketing inclusive of strategies, and tactics you can implement immediately to take your content marketing and online business results to the next level.
- 10 Golden Rules for Content Marketing
- Designing your content framework.
- Customer case study and the power of content marketing planning and organization.
- Brand architectures that increase ROI and improve efficiencies.
- Create once, use many with a message house (message bible).
- Content inventory systems (know what ya' got).
- Content marketing goals, objectives and measurement.
- Knowing your audience.
- Getting integrated with the rest of your business.
- Inviting your community to join your content marketing journey.
- Humanizing your content and brand.
Social Media Audience Analysis Worksheet (Based on the Forrester POST Methodology)