Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is a Twit? It’s not the same exact thing as a tweet although it’s sometimes referred to as one. Is it a person? Is it short for Twitter? Is it a tweet gone viral? Or a tweet gone bad. Or neither?
Twitter can be overwhelming for newbies to social media and even veterans of the online marketing world.
Understanding the social ecosystem you are jumping and tweeting into is critical for success. How do you know what is proper etiquette? How can you join the conversation and become a valuable, contributing member of the community as soon as possible?
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast, I share 40 behaviors to avoid when using Twitter for business. With these tips the chances are quite high you will avoid being a “twit” all together!
- 40 tips to not be a twit on Twitter
- Why you must be human and authentic
- Why you must read the content behind all links you tweet
- Establishing trust and authority
- Why you must never tweet when you are mad or upset
- Social Zoom Factor Training (subscribe for updates)
- Twitter for Business in a Nutshell (episode 31)
- Twitter in a Nutshell: 12 Business Benefits (episode 32)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)
- Brand Humanization: Authenticity vs Transparency (episode 16)
- Social Trust Factor: Igniting Results with Trust and Authority (episode 20)
- Launch & Influencer Marketing Strategies for Startups, Entrepreneurs (episode 35)
- Unplug to Live in the Moment (episode 6)
I guess my top tip would be to listen and learn from the best Twitter communities out there, first, before wading in – it will be a lesson in humility and your digital lifesaver!