Podcast: Play in new window | Download
It's no surprise that Facebook is still one of the hottest social networks around. Check out these statistics published by Facebook as of September 2014.
- 864 million daily active users on average
- 703 million mobile daily active users on average
- 1.35 billion monthly active users
- 1.12 billion mobile monthly active users
As with anything in life or business, when there is opportunity for goodness, there is also much opportunity for risk and even damage to your brand and business.
Facebook is no different. Facebook presents tremendous opportunity to nurture relationships, establish and grow community, increase brand awareness and even your business bottom line. However, if you don't understand the ecosystem, how you can best fit within it to build relationships and your brand, you may wind up hurting your brand more than helping it.
It is is as important to understand not only best practices but also worst practices that can damage your personal brand, corporate brand and business success when it comes to social media, business and life!
In this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I share 15 things you should never do on Facebook.
- 15 things you should never do on Facebook
- Focus on relationships over spamming
- The importance of managing your privacy by being careful who you let into your Facebook network
- Be yourself and never fall to tactics that waste time stalking and copying competition
- How to ensure you don't lose people at hello when inviting them into Facebook groups
- The importance of giving credit where credit is due when sharing other people's content
- The differences of how you communicate and post content to Facebook vs Twitter
- The importance of customizing content for your Facebook audience vs blasting the same content to every social network
- How to avoid the drama and negative posts and conversations on your Facebook wall
- Why you should never setup a personal Facebook profile to use to solely promote your business
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Personal and Business Brand (white paper)
- Do You Really Know Your Audience? (episode 4)
- Fake Followers, Spam, Trolls & Bullies – Quit Faking it Until You Make it (episode 37)
- Social Trust Factor: Ignite Results with Trust and Authority (episode 20)
- Brand Humanization in a Nutshell (episode 5)
- Brand Humanization: Authenticity vs Transparency (episode 16)
- Social Trust Factor: Igniting Results with Trust and Authority (episode 20)
- Launch & Influencer Marketing Strategies for Startups, Entrepreneurs (episode 35)
- 15 Things the C-Suite Must Do Before Hopping on Twitter (episode 45)
- How to Convert Facebook Personal Profile to Business Page (blog post)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.