On this episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast I provide the following as it relates to the social media and brand advertising portion of the SuperBowl XLIX:
- A recap of the Social Super Bowl statistics including the top social moments, winning and losing brands in gaining attention from the SuperBowl social audience
- My thoughts on some of the top SuperBowl commercials and why some flew and some flopped
- 8 takeaways from the SuperBowl brand advertisers we can all learn from and incorporate into our business today
A few stats to wet your social whistle:
- For a 30 second commercial during the Superbowl, NBC was seeking $4.4 – $4.5 million!
- This was the most tweeted SuperBowl event ever with a record breaking 28.4 million tweets during the broadcast, second only to the FIFA soccer semi-final between Germany and Brazil which brought in 35.6 million tweets.
- Top hashtags used were #SB49, #SuperBowl and #SuperBowlXLIX
- Demographics were 54.7% male, 45.3% females
- 50% of the 66 TV commercials aired during the game incorporated a hashtag
- On Facebook, the SuperBowl was discussed by 65 million people versus 50 million in 2014. It generated 265 million costs, comments and likes.
Take a listen to the podcast to hear the rest of the statistics and the 8 key takeaways we can all learn from!
- 8 Social Media SuperBowl Advertising Key Takeaways for brands big and small
- Why emotion still sells
- People don't forget what the big brands did last year and the year before
- The importance of making sure your ad does more than drive emotion and also aligns with your brand
- Balancing having a plan and being human during and after the game online
- How Volvo creatively cut through the noise of other automobile advertisers
- The importance of a social listening
- Why you must have a call to action
- Super Bowl Social Media Marketing: 10 Tips to Score a Touchdown For Your Brand
- 5 Top Visual Marketing Tools for Branding & Content Marketing
- Mobile Marketing: Stop Ignoring the Modern Connected Customer (episode 40)
- 15 Steps to Build a Mobile Marketing Plan that Rocks Results (episode 41)
- Top 5 Twitter Tools (episode 47)
- Top 5 Tools to Optimize Conversions for the Modern Mobile Customer (episode 42)
- Top 5 WordPress Plugins