There is a clear separation between true social marketing business leaders and those that are sliding along with status quo. Many new and seasoned marketers and business leaders hop into the world of digital and social media marketing thinking they can send a few tweets, learn how to optimize visuals and social profiles and they will have a positive ROI on their investment in social media. Unfortunately too many of these same “status quo” seekers find themselves struggling to keep up with the true leaders, holding down a real job or feeling and experiencing real success.
So what are the habits, behaviors and foundational success elements that true social marketing leaders embrace? How do they rise above the status quo? How do they consistently serve the needs of their customer, keep the brand top of mind and help achieve a positive ROI for the investment and time into social media?
Take a listen to the 160th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast to learn 10 foundational habits of successful social marketing leaders. Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- 10 Habits of Successful Social Marketing Leaders
- How to rise above status quo with real business results
- Why social marketing leaders must take lead. Own the plan, business and results!
- Why social marketers should learn to embrace data and analytics to improve business results
- The importance of integration into business and marketing initiatives, programs
- The dangers of spending too much time chasing shiny objects when the time takes away from priorities that help achieve business goals
- The difference between social media and social business
- Why social media is not just about YOU!
- Importance of community and relationships
- Importance of shutting up and listening
- How to set priorities
- Why content is king, queen and joker
- 8 Steps to Develop a Social Business Plan (white paper)
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Brand (white paper)
- Know Your Audience! Audience Analysis Worksheet
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- How to Build an Integrated Digital Social Platform that Works Even When you Aren't Working
- 15 Characteristics of Human Brands (episode 55)
- Content Editorial Calendar Template (worksheet / template)
- How to Develop a Content Marketing Framework and Plan (episode 7)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation