Would you like to have customers come to you organically because they know for a fact you can help them achieve their business and/or life goals? It's a wonderful thing when you don't have to sell to your customers, instead they contact you and are excited to business with you! They aren't thinking “should I do business with this person or brand.” Instead they are thinking “HOW can I do business with this person?”
Would you like to increase brand awareness, generate more leads? Even better, let's help you get more sales and even decrease the sales cycle and the time it takes you to close business or that big deal you have been working on for months!
It's not a new phenomenon that people buy from people. Long before Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and even blogs, people have been buying from people.
Yet, why do people still hide behind social media logos and contact forms? It seems they either don't understand or are afraid to come out from behind the social media corporate wall and show their true human side. They fear they must share what they ate for breakfast, lunch and dinner to build their personal brand. This couldn't be further from the truth.
Have you thought about your personal branding strategy? If not, you should.
Regardless if you have taken time to plan your personal brand or not, you have a personal brand.
Your personal brand is defined not only by what you want it to be, but also by perceptions. Your personal brand is impacted by what people think of you. It's what people say about you behind closed doors. It's what they say about you when you leave the room, what they think about you after they watch your Periscope or Facebook Live video. It's even how they giggle with or at you after watching you and your funny filter selfies on Snapchat.
The truth is everything you say, do, post, like, comment on and share is a representation of your brand. Your actions speak far more louder than words. Download our 105 Factors Impacting Your Digital Brand white paper.
Building the best brand of YOU, requires understanding and defining your goals. What do you want to achieve as you become more known in your industry? How do you want people to perceive you? What are the goals that will drive your actions? Have you ever thought about these things?
Take a listen to the 227th episode of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 7 Top Goals of Personal Branding. These will help you better define your personal branding goals and also develop your personal brand strategy.
Building a personal brand is not just about creating a shiny social profile, but presenting yourself in the most authentic way possible to your community and audiences in a way that will attract them to you organically. When done right, personal branding not only builds the brand of you, but also will help you achieve many personal, life and business goals.
Business and life are about human connection. The social web is really one big fat social conversation and relationship, made up of many micro-conversations and relationships. It's about humans connecting with other humans as humans, not robots. You might as well define how you as a human want to fit into it and not only give the most that you can to help others but also be able to benefit from it as well.
This episode is part of the “You Are the Media” series in which we are digging deep into how you can build an integrated social and digital platform that works when you are not working. A platform that helps you inspire, connect with and delight your audiences. Be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 25 minute podcast you will learn:
- 7 Top Personal Branding Goals
- How to define your own personal branding goals
- Why personal branding matters
- Tips to become the “go to” thought leader in your industry and local market or niche
- How to increase brand awareness of your business with your own personal brand
- How to generate more leads and sales by building your personal brand
- How to decrease the sales cycle with personal branding strategies
- How to tap into the power of influencer marketing more easily when you build your personal brand
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Brand (white paper)
- 10 Reasons Personal Branding is a Requirement Not an Option (white paper)
- Know Your Audience! Audience Analysis Worksheet
- 7 Foundational Steps to Build Your Personal Brand
- Personal Branding: Zoom Your Brand with the YOU Factor
- Brand Storytelling in a Nutshell
- Brand Strategy in a Nutshell
- 10 Tips to Zoom Your Brand with Social Media
- You Are the Media: 10 Reasons You Need a Blog (episode 111)
- 15 Characteristics of Human Brands (episode 55)
Free webinars: We are also launching a series of webinars and training opportunities to dig even deeper. Sign up here-> You are the Media – Building Your Media Foundation