Considering hiring a digital marketing agency, social media agency or branding consultant? Hiring a marketing agency or consultant is a big decision. It's not only a big investment, but also a relationship that requires trust and a partnership.
Understanding how to partner with your chosen agency or consultant can make or break your success in both the short and long term.
Unfortunately many business and marketing leaders think they can quickly hire a social media or digital marketing agency to generate some fast buzz and a viral video. They then hope that like magic, all of their business problems will be solved.
The truth is that social media is NOT a silo. An agency can not work in a vacuum without access to your goals, objectives and broader strategic initiatives. They need to understand your target market, existing customers, competition, branding and messaging architectures and much more.
A good social media agency will help you integrate social media into your business. They will help you leverage social media to achieve your business and marketing goals, not just get a few tweets to go viral.
You must treat the relationship with your new agency as a partnership. It is together, working as true partners focused on the same big goals that you will win both now and in the future.
How you kickoff the relationship with your social media agency from day one, all the way to final and detailed execution of strategies and tactics are critical to success.
Have you considered hiring a social media agency but not sure where to start? Or maybe you have already hired a social media marketing agency, yet you are not seeing the ROI you had anticipated?
If you have struggled with seeing measurable results in hiring an agency there are many factors that could be contributing to the lack of results including:
- You hired the wrong agency
- You are not committed to the agency or the process
- You do not trust the agency and it is impacting the relationship with the agency as well as the outcomes
- You don't have well defined and documented business goals and objectives for which to align social media
- You don't have the internal infrastructure to support social media or the agency
- You have not been 100% honest with the agency on your internal and /or external challenges
- You have unrealistic expectations given the budget allocated to social media and the agency
- You have slowed down the process due to holding back information, or not giving your agency access to all data and channels requested
- You are forcing your agency to work in a silo of Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn vs letting them help you integrate social media into the DNA of your business
- Although you hired the agency as the “expert” to help you achieve success, you are now leading the project and calling the shots on a daily basis (even though you lack experience in the area for which you hired the agency for)
Take a listen to episode 240 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for 10 strategies and tips to partner with your social media agency for maximum success and ROI!
In this 30 minute podcast you will learn:
- 10 strategies and tips to partner with your social media agency for maximum success
- The importance of true partnership mentality with your agency
- How to hire the right social media agency
- The homework you must do before hiring a social media agency
- Why you must commit to your social media agency once the decision is made to hire them
- Tips to be patient and ensure proper onboarding with the agency
- How to prepare and organize information for your agency so they can quickly ramp on your business goals, objectives, market etc.
- Importance of trust and why you can't hold back information from your agency
- Why you must be patient in achieving results and ROI
- When and why you must also work on your own internal processes and infrastructure to best support the agency
- 2020 Content Editorial Calendar Template
- Audience Analysis Worksheet
- Stomp Random Acts of Marketing
- 15 Tips to Zoom Your Brand (white paper)
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Strategic Digital Brand Storytelling Services Can Help!
Social Profit Factor Training System + Member Community can help you ignite your online social brand, tribe and business results! Before you even think about using social media for business you need to develop your social branding strategy and plan! Social Profit Factor will help you develop your plan with goals, objectives and priorities within 30-60 days!
Need help facilitating the needed discussions with your CEO or other executive leaders? Need help driving your team and better operationalizing your digital and social marketing programs? Ready to take your brand online and need help standing out from the crowd? We can help you quickly help you streamline your marketing programs and obtain the needed support, buy-in and earn the budgets you need to succeed. Our agency, Marketing Nutz can help you develop your strategy inclusive of employee training and empowerment, executive social media personal branding and more that will help you achieve your goals. Give us a shout and let's get to work!
How to Subscribe to Social Zoom Factor Podcast
Take Action: Download the Ultimate 2020 Content Calendar Template.