Since 90% of mobile users keep their device within arms reach 100% of the time, people no longer think about “what device am I going to use to access this website or purchase something online today.” Instead they just do it. Today’s mobile user simply picks up the device. They then click, scroll, view, read, engage, speak, listen and purchase as they choose.
They expect the experience to support their needs. They want to be able to easily access and update their profile, make a purchase, and engage with others in the community. They want to learn, be inspired, be empowered and be heard. They want to know the business on the other end cares and treats them as a human being, not just a credit card forced to engage, learn and purchase in an antiquated, frustrating environment. Experience is everything!
For business leaders this means we must create the end to end user experience our audiences, customers, partners, stakeholders demand. We can’t think about it after we realize sales are slipping. We must know what they want, when and how they want it. We must design for the experience from the start.
Designing exceptional digital experiences requires not only core elements such as mobile, analytics, rich content, analytics, and social, but also must have capabilities like portal and its personalization, security, integration and management of content.
Join the Conversation!
Join the conversation, “Delight Customers & Employees – Exceptional Digital Experiences” on Thursday, September 12th at 9am ET/ 3pm CEST on Twitter.
Joining the conversation from IBM:
- Larry Bowden – IBM VP, Digital Experience Software
- Stuart McRae – Executive Collaboration & Social Business Evangelist
- Tami Cannizzaro – IBM Global Director, Social Business
Come explore, learn and grow with us as we all commit to creating the best possible experiences for our users. Let’s delight them as a first priority!
#GetRealChat Twitter Chat with IBM Social Business, Exceptional Digital Experiences Team
Date: Thursday, September 12th
Time: 9:00 am ET / 3 pm CEST
Join Conversation: getrealchat.com/ibmdigitalexp
You can also follow & engage in the conversation real time via the following hashtags!
Additional Resources – Listen, Watch, Engage & Learn
Check out the resources below to listen to the world premier launch from August 1, 2013 of #GetRealChat Radio show with IBM, Base22 and CityForward as guest. I also included some cool mobile, social and digital technology resources from IBM, Base 22 and CityForward who all joined us for both the #GetRealChat Radio Show and Twitter chat!
- Full recap: July 18th #GetRealChat Twitter Conversation & Radio show
- Listen & learn: Replay of #GetRealChat Radio Show World Premier Launch with IBM Social Business, Digital Experience Team.
- Learn via webcast: IBM Social Business Webcast
- Check out the demo: IBM Exceptional Digital Experience Software Demo
- See CityForward in Action: Who Gets an Annual Bonus? and Philadelphia Vacancies
- Learn from the Tweet Chat Recap: #GetRealChat with IBM
- Stay Updated on Future Events: Sign Up for Updates & Announcements on Future Conversations & Events!