However, the real question is how long will they stick around? As I always say, what happens after the like is far more important than the initial like, or in this case “hello.”
Are the people jumping onto Ello doing anything more than saying hello?
Ello touts itself as the anti-Facebook and plays against the Facebook business model of advertising, privacy issues and now requiring real user names.
In my opinion, any network that has a primary value proposition of taking out Facebook is failing from the start and needs to go back and do their marketing 101 homework.
- Do we need another Facebook?
- Is it time to say hello to Ello?
- Will people say goodbye to Ello before really saying hello?
- What will it take for a social network to ever beat out Facebook?
- Pam Moore's Account on Ello (aka @PamMktgNut)
- Ello Manifesto
- How Ello uses information
- Ello beta feature list
- Open message to Unthink social network
- Google Plus and Granny