Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to the digital marketing era where attention is the absolute most scarce resource. There is clearly no lack of people and brands trying to grab your attention. Every where we turn, every device we turn on, every social network feed we scroll, there is noise.
Brands want us to check out their hot deals. Digital marketers want us to watch their Facebook Live and YouTube videos, listen to their podcast, read their blog, follow them on Instagram, connect with them on LinkedIn, download their white papers and the list goes on.
Bottom line, before you can sell to me, you need my attention. Before I am giving you my attention you also need to earn my trust.
Many digital and brand marketers hop on Twitter with the hopes of grabbing quick attention of their target customer and audience. They foolishly think they can send a few tweets to a handful of influencers, beg for some clicks and links and they will achieve their business goals.
The core foundational issue is they have the wrong intention. They have an intent to help themselves and achieve a quick win versus investing in the people who they want to trust them. Some of them may not know better as they are not savvy on the new ways of social and digital marketing. They are more accustomed to traditional marketing where they blasted out messages designed in a one to many scenario, similar to blasting social spaghetti on the Facebook and Twitter walls and hoping it sticks.People pay attention to and buy from people they know, like and trust. Click To Tweet
You don't have very long to earn and lose trust. The recipient of your tweet, video or even visual image may make a split decision on if they like you or not. You can lose trust in one single 140 character tweet if you are only using spam tactics.
Because attention is such a valuable resource, it is critical for marketers to maximize every second they achieve attention from their communities and audience. Attention can no longer be taken for granted.
Your intention may be good, but your execution may be poor and negatively impacting your digital marketing results if you are not earning trust and attention as a result of the right intention.
The truth is our actions speak louder than their words. Unfortunately many business leaders and even the most social savvy digital marketing experts are clearly unaware of their own digital body language. Their intention is easily seen by even those new to the social networks. It's often easy to identify a spammy business or marketer. When their posts, tweets and conversations are all about them, they wind up pushing people away versus bringing them closer to their brand.
Check out episode 148 of the Social Zoom Factor podcast for a “get real” discussion on the power of intention and trust in earning attention. You will learn why intention and trust are foundational requirements to earning attention for your digital, social media and marketing strategies and tactics.
Take a listen and be sure to subscribe to the entire series on iTunes, Stitcher or SoundCloud!
In this 13 minute podcast you will learn:
- How to earn attention with the power of trust and intention
- Why and how your intention shines through your digital body language
- Why you must do your research on how to best leverage the social networks to provide the most value
- Why the right attention at the right time is more important than only short term goals and objectives of attention
- How to leverage the social networks to best meet your goals and objectives
- The power of relationships and earning trust in building your business
- Why you must know who you are and how you can provide the greatest value to your audience
- Why the quick fix, spam tactics will not earn attention for the short or long term
Need more help? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Can Help!
Check out our new comprehensive online social media and branding training academy, the Social Profit Factor, that will help you tap into the power of social media to build your personal and business brand authentically. We'll help you create a social media strategy and plan to drive real results for your business within 30-60 days by earning the attention of your ideal customer and audience! Sign up now to become a founding member and receive some incredible deals plus bonus offers.
Need us to help train your team? Give us a shout and let's get a custom workshop schedule for your organization. Increase sales by generating more leads using social media to nurture relationships.
- Digital Body Language: 105 Factors Impacting Your Personal Brand (white paper)
- Personal Branding: Authenticity vs Transparency (blog post + video)
- It Only Takes a Seed: 7 Fundamental Steps to Build Your Personal Brand
- 15 Tips to Zoom Your Online Brand (white paper)
- Twitter Persona Worksheet (download template / worksheet)
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet)
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.