Are you a digital or social marketer wanting to progress in your business and marketing career? Do you find yourself getting stuck, getting passed over for promotions? Do you often find it hard to win budgets, grow your team or simply justify your own job? Or it could be you are having a hard time landing or even keeping the job in the first place.
If this is you, then you definitely landed on the right blog post and podcast today.
Social media is not a band-aid for a broken business. If business leaders really want to ignite business results using digital and social marketing, they must do more than hire a social media intern who knows how to get new followers on Instagram, post to Snapchat and do a live video stream on Facebook.
Before you even think about how you are going to tweet, snap, live video stream or tell stories on Instagram, you better nail the business goals and have more than a 101 level understanding of business and marketing.
If you are a budding social and digital marketer working at a new company in a new position, the first questions you should be asking should be related to understanding business goals and objectives, not asking for the logons to the social networks.
Business owners and leaders must start being more careful of who they hand over the social media keys to. In addition, social media and digital marketers must learn business.
There is a clear gap in the social ecosystem of qualified people who know business, know social and digital marketing and also know how to align social media to business goals.There is a clear gap in the social ecosystem of qualified people who know business, know social and digital marketing and also know how to align social media to business goals.Click To Tweet
It seems that everyone is an expert at social media and digital marketing. However, unfortunately a good majority of these same people have never spent more than a few months working in a real business or driving real business results, for themselves or for another business.
These three things are…
- Understanding business
- Understanding marketing
- Knowing how to align social and digital marketing to business and marketing goals and objectives
It's time you take control of your career, control of your business once and for all.
Are you ready? Listen to the podcast now. You will be happy that you did!
Ready to Take Your Social Marketing Career or Business to the Next Level? Social Profit Factor Training Academy and Marketing Nutz Can Help!
Ignite your social media marketing career and business with our online social media, digital marketing and branding training academy, the Social Profit Factor. Learn the foundational skills to build your career and your business. We'll help you create a social media strategy and plan to drive real results for your business within 30-60 days! Sign up now and stop wasting time. Start focusing on the actions and strategies that will bring real results!
Need us to help train your team? Give us a shout and let's get a custom workshop scheduled for your organization. Increase sales by generating more leads using social media to nurture relationships.
In this 15 minute podcast you will learn:
- 3 Foundations for sucess as a social media or digital marketer
- Why you must understand more than business 101
- Why you must understand more than marketing 101
- Why you must know how to align social media to business goals
- Why business leaders should not simply hire an intern because they know how to tweet
- Why business leaders must be careful who they hand over their social media and business keys to
- 10 Tips to Be a Social Media and Digital Marketing Rebel
- Why, What and How of an Audience First Marketing Strategy and Plan
- 5 Reasons You Need to Get Serious About Building Your Personal Brand
- How to Prioritize Your Social Networks for Business
- 10 Proven Strategies to Get Your Social Media Budget Approved (podcast)
- 10 Habits Highly Effective Social Media Marketing Leaders
- Audience Analysis Worksheet (worksheet to help you prioritize your niche)
- Content Editorial Calendar (12 month editorial content marketing calendar template)