Social Media Tools & Tech – 15 Tips to Not Lose Your Mind!

social media sanityI spent some time this evening cruising around Facebook, LinkedIn, Goolge+, Pinterest, and a few hundred other platforms. I had high hopes for finishing a couple blog posts but instead got lured in by the latest social news. You know how it is. Just as we get use to something it changes, a ticker is added, more of our activity gets shared, a new social network is born, mobile app launched and the list goes on.

As I wasted my night away in social slacker land with all my fellow slacker geeks I was amazed at how many people are simply losing their mind. I guess I am so close to all of it that I forget how many business leaders, entrepreneurs and consumers are still learning.

I saw everything from spammy Facebook, Pinterest & LinkedIn pages to a landing page that guaranteed me a first page Google ranking.

However, most shocking was seeing QR codes on LinkedIn and Facebook avatars. Really folks? Come on! Why on earth would you use a “code” in the place of a branding and human connection opportunity? There is NOTHING about the QR code that is going to connect me to your brand. It takes at minimum 6-7 brand touches for me to remember anything about you. Why would you waste such valuable online real estate on a code that to the human eye and remembering brain looks no different than all the other folks doing the same thing?

I am a believer in leveraging technology, cool gadgets, widgets and even QR codes. However, I suggest only doing such when they can be used in a way that brings value to your audience and helps you better inspire and connect with them.

Even given tonight's QR code most shocking moments and geek slacker time, I still have good news.  I am now motivated to not only finish a blog post, but also write a whole new one, thus the reason for this post.

With all this tech evolution it is important we not lose sight of why you are spending time on social in the first place! I hope most of you are spending time on the social networks to:

• Connect with real people
  • Network
  • Learn
  • Educate
  • Inspire
  • Grow your business
  • Increase brand awareness
  • Make new friends
  • And the list goes on…..

I recently wrote a post titled “The Heartbeat of Social Media” where I talk in more depth on the importance of connecting with real people. It is the human connections we make with one another that bring the greatest benefits to our time and resource spent on integrating social media into our business.

So as you work to kickoff your social program, more deeply integrate social media into your business or wherever you may be in regard to social media adoption, don't lose sight of the art of social media. Social media is more than tools. The tech is the easy part. Figuring out how to inspire, educate and engage your audience after the Facebook like or follow is of most importance.

15 Tips to Stay Sane in a Tech Crazed Social World

1. Humanize before you codify! Your goal should be to humanize your brand, not codify your brand. Give me something I can connect to. Talk to me in words I can understand and relate to. Show me images that help me know who you are, what you do and how you can help me.

social media goals2. Know your goals and objectives. What are you doing and why? Why, why, why, should be the question you ask yourself over and over.

3. Align social media to your business not the other way around. You are destined for trouble if you try to force fit your business into a Facebook page or integrated blog platform. Instead your social media and online platform priorities should align with your business goals.

4. Select business goals where social can make a difference. Not all business goals can be positively impacted by social media. Align social as a priority where social can positively impact and move you closer to your goal.

5. Get in the head of your audiences. This includes clients, prospective clients, partners, online communities, evangelists, industry influencers etc. Learn as much as you can about them. What makes them tick, click and like? How can you inspire and connect with them? How can you help them achieve their goals and objectives?

6.What action do you want your audiences and communities to take? Where will they be when they will take such action? Will they be on a mobile phone? A PC? In their car? On a plane? Will it be morning, over lunch, late at night? I know all of these questions may sound crazy but they're not. Think about where your audiences will be when they will be engaging with you on the social platforms. If they are going to be on a mobile phone then don't put a QR code on the website that links to your Facebook page! How on earth will they use it?

7. WHY should your target audience take your desired action on your Facebook page, LinkedIn profile or blog? Give them a reason. Focus on the WHY more than you focus on the tech they will use. Without the why the tech is a mute conversation as they'll never pay attention anyway.

8. Be your own social duck! Don't get caught up in the hype. Just because your entire small business networking group is putting QR codes on their Facebook pages and sending spammy email doesn't mean you should too. Be careful who you listen to and do your research before making decisions that impact your strategy and community member experience.

9. Trust your gut. Even if you are a newbie and your agency or consultant tells you to do something that just doesn't “feel right,” then do some research. There are many clueless agencies and consultants that are still trying to find their way in social. They mean well but may not be giving you advice that is going to help your business. Ask them for examples. Ask them specific questions related to WHY their recommendation is a good idea. If they can't clearly help you understand how the specific technical tactic they are recommending will help you meet a specific business goal or objective then don't do it.

like me on facebook please10. Quit telling me to like your page! I can't believe how many business leaders who have been properly trained and doing social media for quite some time are still doing this. I know you want Facebook likes. We all do. What should matter more to you is that I feel inspired to click “like.”  A like is only valuable if I come back, if you make a lasting impression in my brain. When you keep asking me to “like” you or help you get to a certain number of “likes” it actually makes me question more why I liked your page to begin with and that maybe I should unlike it? Focus also on the people who have already liked your page and make it worth their time to stick around.

11. Don't spam me, please. If I connect with you on LinkedIn, do not spam me and all of my contacts. I received three different emails via LinkedIn tonight from trusted colleagues. Someone who I connected with and accepted their LinkedIn invitation made it his priority to spam folks on my contact list. He even used my name and said he and I were friends. I told all three people the truth, and they are now all going to write back to him and inform him of his spammy ways and how unsuccessful they were. We also all reported him for spam. #FAIL

12. Don't act desperate. Even if you are desperate for leads, new business, likes, friends, followers, don't use behavior that makes it obvious that you are! Swap the same time you are spamming desperation posts and emails and instead focus on your own goals, objectives and market research. If you do the proper planning you'll see better results and won't have to beg for online friends. Trust me, it works!

13. Keep it simple. When all else fails go back to business 101. I sometimes think people are forgetting everything they ever learned. It's not that hard folks. You are in business to sell product or service. You have a particular market you want to sell your product or service to. Social media is nothing more than a new channel for you to communicate, inspire and better connect with clients, partners, prospects and more. Don't over think or over complicate it more than it has to be at the early stages.

14. Prioritize new tools and technology. You don't have to be on every social network and use every social tool, gadget, plugin available.  Schedule geek time. Schedule a specific amount of time to “play with new tools” if you are a tech and shiny object geek like me.  I find that if I set specific “geek time” then I am far more productive the other parts of my week. When incorporating a new tool or technology into your social strategy be sure that you do your research first and align it to your business goals and objectives.

heartbeat of social media15. Embrace the heartbeat of social media. Don't ever lose sight of the people of social media. Social media is nothing without communities and the people within them.  One can not breathe or last without the other. Focus on providing value, sharing your best stuff and you will see result. Focus on offering the tweet that makes someone's day, week or month. Share the knowledge via a blog post that solves business problems, inspires change or even gives them a dose of reality in an area they need to wake up and smell the coffee. Whatever it is make it real, make it you and make it about the people!

There is hope. Even if you are guilty of all of the above, don't freak out. You can easily pull your QR code down if it's not justified. You can work this week on your goals and objectives. Don't get lazy and think you'll never be able to fix it and move forward in a positive way. Stop the spam now. Stop begging for likes today. Focus on your business and audience first and the rest will come much easier! Trust me, it really does work!

Your Turn

Are you an admitted tech addicted geek? Or a you a newbie who has fallen victim to the latest tech or codifying gadget? Remember the first step to recover is to admit publicly your faults and commit to positive action.  If you have already recovered or never had issues with tech and tool addiction, what advice do you have for others? How do you prioritize and not lose your mind in this crazy social tech geek world?

Heartbeat of Social Media Series

This blog post is the second in a new series I am kicking off titled “The Heartbeat of Social Media“. It will include a deep look at how communities work, what people are doing within them and how businesses can better understand how they can fit in, provide value and derive benefit as both a business as well as individual people.

Subscribe to the series for updates and access to special videos, webinar training and more. Would love to hear your input and have you participate in discussions and debates as we challenge each other to be part of what makes the social network heartbeat healthy and alive in 2012!

2017-02-08T00:35:06+00:00

About the Author:

CEO / Founder Marketing Nutz, full service social media, digital marketing, experiential brand, conversion optimization agency. Ranked by Forbes as Top 10 Social Media Women and 10 Social Media Power Influencer. Keynote speaker, author, strategist, consultant, coach, & trainer. Helps businesses of all sizes integrate social media into the DNA of their business, connect with target audiences to nurture authentic customer relationships. 15+ years experience working with Fortune 500, Franchised corporations with 4000+ local franchises to entrepreneurs and startups.

153 Comments

1. lisabuben290 January 29, 2012 at 6:38 am

Oh yes addicted to the various networks – but I just found Alternion and i hope it will same time by having all the networks in one neat place. (It does not have Pinterest or Quora yet.) I could completely relate with your first paragraph.

2. sirenf January 29, 2012 at 7:19 am

@Alice_Reeves thanks Alice. You dressed yet?

• Alice_Reeves January 29, 2012 at 7:20 am

@sirenf No, Matt’s being a bathroom hog. The joys of co-habiting.

3. PamMktgNut January 29, 2012 at 8:45 am

@markwschaefer thanks Mark!! How are ya’?? Happy Sunday to you! 🙂

4. PamMktgNut January 29, 2012 at 8:52 am

@osakasaul thank you Saul!

5. accrete January 29, 2012 at 1:44 pm

@ChoiceZnewZ Thanks for RT!

• ChoiceZnewZ January 29, 2012 at 1:57 pm

@accrete My pleasure! TYVM 4 Mention! Have a •*¨*•.¸¸#SuperSunday!!¸¸.•*¨*•

6. PamMktgNut January 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm

@LisaPetrilli thanks Lisa! Hope your Sunday is rockin!

7. PamMktgNut January 29, 2012 at 1:55 pm

@janetcallaway Awww thank you Janet. You are back, right?? Oh my how we missed you! Let’s catch up IRL via phone this week??

• janetcallaway January 29, 2012 at 10:42 pm

@PamMktgNut Yes. I’m back, caught up (well, kind of) and definitely ready to talk IRL. Look forward to it. It’s been far too long.

8. JillMacEachern January 29, 2012 at 2:03 pm

RT @s_bearden @PamMktgNut Good points! RT @PamMktgNut: Social Media Tools 15 Tips to Not Lose Your Mind! http://t.co/FfLfYp9g #socialmedia

9. SociallyGenius January 29, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Quack Quack – how funny. Being your own social duck is important. It plays into a number of the other 15 points. Also, if you’re trying to be someone else’s duck or flock too frequently and invade other’s pond space, you’ll be pushed out or viewed as desperate.

The other point you made s that struck me was about Social Media being an art. That’s so true…. But many people, including the “experts, are treating it as a science. With all these measurements and metrics, it’s easy to get lost in the social sciencesphere. That’s leading us away from being part of the heartbeat IMO. BTW – thanks for your kind words in your last reply. You really know how to make someone feel like they’re on the right track. People like you are too few and far between; keep being your awesome self, we love you for it!

10. RebeccaForstadtOlkowski January 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Your article is so true. I had just signed up for Pinterest wondering why I was doing it. LOL It’s so important to keep marketing simple, strategic and truly communicate with people. It’s so easy to buy into automating social media rather than actually participating.

11. DivingJon January 30, 2012 at 3:41 am

Great list of points, but the one about QR codes really makes me laugh; why do people do this? My response to 11 is to quickly hit LinkedIn’s spam button, they really dislike spammers and will close their accounts.

12. mmangen January 30, 2012 at 6:04 am

@SarasotaAdvisor Dan, great to meet another local here in Twitter

13. mmangen January 30, 2012 at 6:06 am

@BFMaguire thanks for sharing it

14. MZazeela January 30, 2012 at 7:59 am

Pam,

I really like # 1 the best. People connect with other people. They don’t connect with companies, technology, codes, or any other such silliness. My face, like it or not, is part of who I am and that helps make the connection real. In all my years I have yet to meet someone who looked like a QR code, a caricature, or a logo.

Cheers,Marc

15. DaveRGallant January 30, 2012 at 9:13 am

@JanetBarclay Thanks for sharing Janet 🙂

16. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 9:14 am

@LauraKennedy Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

17. mmangen January 30, 2012 at 9:45 am

@LauraKennedy Thanks, Laura

18. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 10:31 am

@CBSanFrancisco Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

• CBSanFrancisco February 1, 2012 at 5:15 pm

@itweetlive @cbsanfrancisco right you are. Like other activities….learn to use it in a way that fits your own style.

19. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 11:26 am

@confluencemedia Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

20. Fra___ January 30, 2012 at 11:52 am

@bicienzo hai visto che facebook dovrebbe avere l’ipo questa settimana? io penso che me ne freghero’, non son un grosso fan…

• bicienzo January 30, 2012 at 3:01 pm

@Fra___ mi sa che me ne freghero anche io..:-)

21. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 11:59 am

@wallaatv Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

22. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 12:05 pm

@jeffbullas Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

23. itweetlive January 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm

@AndrewSmith1443 Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

• AndrewSmith1443 January 30, 2012 at 1:06 pm

@itweetlive HootSuite..

• itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:05 am

@AndrewSmith1443 why not try this? http://t.co/glsUnM1U engage with groups of ppl at the same time, get more done in less time.

24. SallyE January 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hi Pam,

I’m sure we all fall into that trap of just check in on our social accounts and hours later realizing we didn’t get done what we had planned for that time. I am so glad that even when you were aware of the trap, you fell into it too. It’s so addictive!

So I am doubly thankful for the list of ideas to make our social time count. Great post. Thanks so much.

25. Kamilson January 30, 2012 at 1:30 pm

@JessicaNorthey fire #beats for sell #dm http://t.co/V1fy5439 LEASE 25$ EXCLUSIVE 100$

26. Wittlake January 30, 2012 at 5:49 pm

Hi Pam,

#11 hits home. It seems everyone is a shill for something these days. Add to that the applications that will spam our connections, either through malware or as ‘legitimate’ applications with buried disclosures of what they will do, and there is a pitch to connect, buy or download around every corner.

I have backed off on my personal networking because of this. On LinkedIn, I rarely accept an invitation from someone I have not had a meaningful conversations with and have already formed a clear opinion of. On Twitter, I follow back increasingly sparingly. On Facebook, I almost completely refuse to install applications or respond to application invites and companies that use the platform for marketing messages are quickly disconnected.

On one hand, I decry the downfall of some of our social media platforms. On the other hand, it is a whole lot easier than moving to a new email address.

Best,

Eric

27. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 9:59 am

@tracyschutz Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

28. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 2:16 pm

@FairPlay365 Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

• FairPlay365 February 2, 2012 at 5:08 am

@itweetlive Hello there 🙂 Thx, I agree with you, but at least 1/10 doesn’t have the knowledge like Us 🙂 and therefore your biz growing 😉

29. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:04 pm

@SunriverWeb Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

30. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:10 pm

@micksay Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

• micksay January 31, 2012 at 5:56 pm

@itweetlive I Sure Do – I just had a 1-on1 with @mqtodd and have at least one 121 every day – very important..

31. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:23 pm

@iamjodyjelas Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

32. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:27 pm

@LoganatDell Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

• LoganatDell January 31, 2012 at 6:39 pm

@itweetlive There are some many. I really like bufferapp and manageflitter.

33. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:29 pm

@andynathan Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• andynathan January 31, 2012 at 5:30 pm

@itweetlive yes, why?

• itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 4:31 am

@andynathan awesome, what do u think of this free twitter tool? engage with groups of ppl at the same time http://t.co/kjKoRkpk

34. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:39 pm

@MommyMentor Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

35. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:45 pm

@Supermom2020 Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

• Supermom2020 January 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm

@itweetlive : It’s all about time management, engagement and 100% dedication!

36. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:50 pm

@MeganLeap Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

37. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 4:56 pm

@Giulipat Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

38. Connor Meakin January 31, 2012 at 5:00 pm

the FB like one resonates the most. Huge pet peeve of mine!

39. bizcommunicator January 31, 2012 at 7:21 pm

THANK you for reminding everyone what Social means @PamMktgNut . I think of Sally Field every time I see a LIKE me welcome page! And I agree with #11 – so disappointing to see an inbox notification on my LinkedIn and realize after opening that I have been spammed! Lame!

Keep it up, great work, Pam!

40. PamMktgNut January 31, 2012 at 9:20 pm

@mqtodd howdy Michael! Thanks for the RT luvs! #getrealchat

41. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 11:12 pm

@AyPee Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

42. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 11:20 pm

@hensel Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

43. itweetlive January 31, 2012 at 11:49 pm

@chiefmartec Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

44. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 12:06 am

@SocSolutionsGrp Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

45. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 12:10 am

@Jankovitch Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

46. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 12:12 am

@theeproducer Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

47. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 5:45 am

@SusieBlackmon Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

• SusieBlackmon February 1, 2012 at 5:52 am

@itweetlive I’m a curator, not a ‘targeter.’ Those who love horses will naturally want to see what I’m posting on occasion. Time intensive.

• itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 7:09 am

@SusieBlackmon when i say ‘target’ i mean finding everyone with the same interests who want to be made aware of ur posts &engaging with t…

• SusieBlackmon February 1, 2012 at 7:10 am

@itweetlive Yes, I know that. 😉 XO

• itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 7:26 am

@SusieBlackmon great, we give free credits &will love to hear ur feedback 🙂

48. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 7:48 am

@mqtodd Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

49. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 7:57 am

@LaurelZacher Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

50. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 7:59 am

@bizcommunicator Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

• bizcommunicator February 1, 2012 at 8:10 am

@itweetlive I find using SoMe mgmt tools make the #twitter experience better. Smoother & I like adding comments with my RTs.

• itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 5:24 am

@bizcommunicator Awesome! now u can personally address all ur RT’s &mentions in less time- http://t.co/BttYd4GN what do u think?

• bizcommunicator February 2, 2012 at 10:04 am

@itweetlive Interesting — I’ll need to look a little closer at it over the weekend. Thx 🙂

• itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 7:32 am

@bizcommunicator it is simple to start… simply make a search http://t.co/GpupfD7q let me know how it goes, will love feedback 🙂

• bizcommunicator February 3, 2012 at 9:22 am

@itweetlive Will do!

51. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 8:13 am

@smplusone Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

52. BrandYouSocial February 1, 2012 at 11:06 am

@chriskulbaba Hello Chris! Thank you for sharing your article. LOL, yes, social media addicts tend to lose their mind to it.

• chriskulbaba February 2, 2012 at 5:50 pm

@brandyousocial – oh my gosh yes… I find sometimes I need an information diet!

53. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 1:53 pm

@FarFromCamelot Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

54. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 1:57 pm

@simonewquin Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

• simonewquin February 2, 2012 at 7:48 am

@itweetlive indeed, you’ve got to have your goals strategically set out, and find a way to make your content viral

55. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 2:07 pm

@JenOHerrick Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

56. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 2:16 pm

@TobeyDeys Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

57. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm

@JamieCrager Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

• JamieCrager February 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm

@itweetlive Yes I do, otherwise your message will get lost and loose its impact.

58. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 10:05 pm

@wittlake Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• wittlake February 2, 2012 at 12:55 am

@itweetlive My goal is to learn and connect, so I’m a fan of good old-fashioned tweetdeck, tweetchat for events, and other ‘basics’

59. itweetlive February 1, 2012 at 10:07 pm

@KtAndersonBlogs Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

60. Carol Anne Buckley February 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Great tips, love it!

61. prosatya February 2, 2012 at 6:03 am

Testing comment

62. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 8:35 am

@Faryna Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

• Faryna February 2, 2012 at 10:06 am

@itweetlive best tools for twitter: compassion, empathy, love, intelligence, and a little humility will take you a long, long way.

• Carl_Ingalls February 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

RT @Faryna Best tools for twitter: compassion, empathy, love, intelligence, and a little humility will take you a long, long way.

• itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 6:43 am

@Faryna Nice! what do u think of this free twitter tool? http://t.co/dcnPysa4 now u can target ur audience &personally engage

63. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

@RalphKooi Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• RalphKooi February 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm

@itweetlive one I like to use is called http://t.co/Kyvi2s99 works on iphone (app) and also a desktop. It also sync both if you change stuff

64. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm

@DonnaMaeDubray Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

65. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:37 pm

@LoranNorthey Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

• LoranNorthey February 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm

@itweetlive hi it depends on the thread of your tweet as sometimes they are
      More generic Than others – what do u
      Think?

66. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:39 pm

@gupshupblog Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

67. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm

@KimberleyARoper Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

• KimberleyARoper February 3, 2012 at 12:44 am

@itweetlive Right now that would be hootsuite, marketmesuite, tweepi and who unfollowed me 🙂

68. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:43 pm

@techmagsocial Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• techmagsocial February 3, 2012 at 12:52 am

@itweetlive Hootsuite is working well for me 🙂

69. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 12:47 pm

@AdrienneSmith40 Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

• AdrienneSmith40 February 2, 2012 at 1:35 pm

@itweetlive That would save you time but think of all the others who will see your content!

70. ValerieDeveza February 2, 2012 at 2:57 pm

cool tips! RT @PamMktgNut 15 Tips to Stay Sane in a Social Tech Crazed World! #twitter #sm

71. chriskulbaba February 2, 2012 at 5:49 pm

@uexchange – yo! Thanks for the mention, dog! (That is my Randy Jackson impression…did it sound like him?) lawlz…

72. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 8:34 pm

@SocialSavvyGeek Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

73. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 9:05 pm

@piece_finder Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

74. itweetlive February 2, 2012 at 9:07 pm

@chriskulbaba Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

• chriskulbaba February 2, 2012 at 10:54 pm

@itweetlive – most definitely – that is where the magic of creation and engagement happen! Although, we need to be patient for responses…

• chriskulbaba February 2, 2012 at 10:56 pm

@itweetlive – sometimes we get carried away with the immediacy of the tools we think that an untimely response is more than a few hours…

75. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 12:14 am

@e_diva Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

76. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 1:34 am

@bph Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

77. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 7:20 am

@JerryOLM Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

78. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 8:34 am

@LucianSavluc Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

79. Mindandbodymeditations February 3, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Always love your tips and motivation

80. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 4:55 pm

@WSEnvelopeLabel Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

81. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 4:57 pm

@FanbaseTweets Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• FanbaseTweets February 3, 2012 at 6:32 pm

@itweetlive We use Tweetdeck & @bufferapp – what about you?

82. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 4:59 pm

@Sandy_Recruits Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

83. ideabloke February 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

@FreshViewJax Thanks for the RT! Have a fab weekend! @pammktgnut

84. itweetlive February 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm

@shaunhewitt Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

85. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:02 am

@ADRsocialmedia Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

86. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:14 am

@TECHnewsWeb Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

87. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:16 am

@Biz_Quote Do u think that connecting “one on one” with ur audience is important?

88. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:18 am

@OnHighHeelsPR Great tips, do u think targeting only the relevant ppl saves u time?

89. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:20 am

@GilCheyMaq Nice! social media can be tricky but u need to take charge and prioritize tasks in a non-time consuming way, what do think?

90. itweetlive February 5, 2012 at 3:22 am

@ideabloke Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

91. Pam Moore @PamMktgNut February 5, 2012 at 3:55 am

Carol Anne Buckley Wow! It is so wonderful to see you here! Warms my heart beyond words. xoxo

92. Pam Moore @PamMktgNut February 5, 2012 at 3:55 am

Thanks Mindandbodymeditations!! Appreciate the kind words.

93. itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 8:21 am

@LinkedInExpert Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• LinkedInExpert February 6, 2012 at 10:19 am

@itweetlive I love Tweetdeck and hoot suite although is doesn’t do all I need – am actually working on creating my own app….

• itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

@LinkedInExpert cool what would it do?

• LinkedInExpert February 6, 2012 at 8:06 pm

@itweetlive I’d tell ya- but then I’d have to kill ya 🙂 Its a really easy to use scheduler based on google calendar…

• itweetlive February 7, 2012 at 2:24 am

@LinkedInExpert Nice! what do u think of our free twitter tool? http://t.co/38sf7Jme target &engage with groups of ppl, AB testing &geo…

94. LinkedInExpert February 6, 2012 at 10:19 am

@deborahkf @PamMktgNut Also having an editorial calendar and a list of daily takes is mandatory!

95. itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 4:17 pm

@ChanteDNewcomb Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

96. itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 8:21 pm

97. itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 9:31 pm

@Patgonzalez82 Awesome tips, especially for newbees to social media. which tools are you finding most helpful on twitter?

98. itweetlive February 6, 2012 at 9:37 pm

@CharmedMedia Great tips, have u found a twitter tool that helps u achieve your goals at a fast rate?

• CharmedMedia February 8, 2012 at 9:17 pm

@itweetlive Thanks! Glad to share useful findings!

99. hadeloshka115 February 25, 2012 at 1:39 pm

RT @tempocreative: RT @pammktgnut: Social Media Tools & Tech – 15 Tips to Not Lose Your Mind! http://t.co/Eh1fiMix #socialmedia #tools #sm

100. […] Social Media Tools & Tech: 15 Tips Not to Lose Your Mind […]